Search Our Blog:

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

16 weeks

I haven't really recorded too much lately, especially in comparison to the pregnancy journal, weekly updates, etc I kept last time. S*#! #2 is already getting the shaft.
So I thought I'd copy off  momma Wilson and do this cute lil survey, so fun having a friend so close along and taking on this journey together.

Size of baby: Avocado  {Yum!}

Total weight gain: down a pound from my 8 week appointment

Continuing symptoms: minor fatigue

New symptoms: lower back pain, mostly when I go from sitting to standing at the end of the day. Nothing horrible. And my random rash, maybe not a pregnancy symptom but all over my wrists belly and sides, I have no idea where it came from or what to do about it....

Maternity clothes: I just started wearing my first few pairs of capris and shorts, the fall down a little but the belly is getting too big for most my regular bottoms. Maternity dresses look like huge sheets, most my dresses fit good but some look a little odd. Making choosing an outfit to wear to take nice pictures on the beach near impossible.

Sleep: I finally (after waking all the time in the first tri) am sleeping like a rock and cant get enough at night. I have 1-2 crazy dreams a night, last night I was screaming at the top of my lungs, whats with the crazy dreams?

What I'm eating: I'm not on a special diet, I tried to limit sodium because of bloating and blood pressure last pregnancy but its really hard. I try to eat healthy for the most part and try to stay as full as I can. I have my one cup of coffee in the morning and it seems to do the trick!

Cravings: sweets, ice cream, sno cones, and salties, the other day at work I HAD to go out and get some gardettos. Most difficult craving.... my beloved friend wine.

Movement: Flutters! So early and so fun I think I started feeling them around 13 ish weeks, not a lot not always at the same time. But I've got a butterfly in my belly! Most the time its in the evening when I'm camped out on the couch or early in the morning while laying in bed between hitting snooze.

Labor Signs: None :)

Special pregnancy moments: Planning. I'm a planner.... it keeps me sane. Since we've finally decided we will figure out if we are welcoming a sweet new baby girl, or a bouncing baby brother the planning has begun. How we'll find out, who will be there, cleaning out the baby's room, organizing maternity clothes. I've also scheduled Will's 2 year old {insert tears} photos and I'll sneak in for a couple cute maternity ones. And another round of swim lessons for the Fall, something fun for Will and I to enjoy together before baby.

Will's prediction: asked again, "is the baby a boy or girl"  Girl    "is the baby a brother or a sister" {in the sweetest voice I've ever heard"   Sister.




my random outbreak  :(

1 comment:

  1. sounds like things are going smoothly. Happy for ya!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.