Search Our Blog:

Monday, September 12, 2011

On the go momma breakfast

     Had to do another post of another great idea I got off pintrest! I like to make smoothies in the morning, with the help of my magic bullet in under 5 minutes I have a pretty healthy breakfast of an on the go momma! The magic bullet uses the same cup to blend as you use to drink from, so only one dirty dish!
     You see in the mornings Will gets up with us so he is with us while we both get ready and under out feet in the kitchen while we get coffee and our lunches together. Then he gets in the car with me and we have a 20-30 minute commute to Miss Michelle's so if I have time and the ingredients I'll whip up a quick smoothie for the road. I usually do: 3-4 ice cubes  a few strawberries, 1/2 banana, raspberries or blueberries fresh or frozen, a couple leaves of spinach if we have it and about a cup of OJ, I've done other things as well, added yogurt etc but this is my basic one I usually have most the ingredients for. Wellllll getting to the point..... On Pintrest I saw this idea to freeze some of the ingredients you wouldn't normally have on hand so you don't have to buy them all the time so I wanted to try it out. I thought it was going to take a while, but really I was done in under 5-10 minutes! I used fresh baby spinach leaves, celery, honey, oj, and water... I think that's it, this was like 2-3 weeks ago ;) SO some of you may thing this is gross, but REALLY you cant taste the spinach at all, all I taste is the yummy berries and banana!
Photo of my experiment:
 First feed your baby lunch so he is not whining.... This is Will's first tastes of hamburger and he loved it, not going to mention where the burger came from, maybe in my coming posts you will figure it out.
 Then you send him off to play with his cars, Will has a new noise he does I've GOT to get it on camera
 My green smoothie cups all ready to go in the freezer, say it with me.... steeeeeeady!
 Then you go play with your baby and make the car noise with him, which he thinks is hilarious......

 And Ta Da, Green Smoothie cups! So now in the mornings I'll plop one of these in my cup and strawberry and banana, maybe a dollop of peanut butter for protein and I'm off to go!
Now that that's done time to fold some laundry...


Such a good lil helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.