Search Our Blog:

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mocktails

Its no secret I enjoy a good glass of wine.... ok.ok, it doesn't have to be good, and it doesn't have to be wine, but there is just something about a cocktail after a long day that gets my mouth a waterin... SO when I was pregnant whats a momma to do? Why invent mocktails of course!
I just got the 3rd request for some of my infamous mocktail ideas so I thought I'd share... and save for my future needs.
Note: Non alcholic wine sucks! NA beer, ok in a pinch, I favored the O'douls amber

I hope some of this helps you out! I am a big vodka/soda water girl, but I think with variations you can find something you love!

I found flavored/sparkling water to be uber helpful! You know the cheap, 60 cent a bottle flavored water, you can get black berry and all sorts of yummy ones, if you are hot a lot (which a lot of preggos tend to be) Put in the freezer for like 30 min and you will have a good lil slush drink. So, you know when you go to a fancy restaurant (you know how we get to go like once a year!;) and they have like pellegrino and the fancy water, well I always thought it was stupid to pay for this water but picked some up at wal-mart once, and ohh my yummyness, This was my go to mocktail, chilled, drink in a wine glass with a wedge of lime and lemon, you could also do 1/2 this and 1/2 cranberry juice to sweeten it up. Since I was pregs during summer and everyone was out drinking their drinks I even bought the lil 6 pack of these and just stuck them in the cooler with Luke's beers, for me I liked to have SOMETHING it was better than feeling "left out"

I also really like crystal light, the raspberry ice flavor is my favorite... again, in a wine glass with a lime wedge just makes it feel so fancy! IF your liking the flavored water thing, there is also a brand, cant think of the name of it right now, but its sold in cans in a 12 back (cheaper) and it is pretty good too.
I am a dork and would literally put ice water in a wine glass and feel better at the end of the day... better than nothing at least!

Ohhh I also love bloody marys so I bought the spicy hot v8 in cans and would drink that sometimes. Also single serve Orange Juices... with extra calcium of course! I just got sick of water and I'm not a big soda drinker, so any way I could switch it up a little really helped! Its the one time you can literally eat and drink just about whatever you want, so go thru the drive thru at steak and shake and get that chocolate shake, Get a large slushy at 7-11, Whatever that little baby wants!!! :)

Don't forget, you can have a lil wine from time to time, I did.... and well... my kids a freggin genius. ;) Cheers!



 a good NA beer I had from Lywellns, nice day on the patio over looking river sometimes a beer is a must!
Pumpkin Spice Latte' from Starbucks..... my weakness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.