Search Our Blog:

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Zucchini Pizza Casserole

Last night I tried a new recipe that looked yummy, made in your 13 x 9" baking pan Luke and I gobbled up 3/4 of it leaving one portion for one of our lunches the next day! I had to share because anything that is a yummy staple for us, I know others might enjoy! While some ppl might not want to have their ovens on in the summer time I don't really mind and with zucchini being a summer veggie and in season your sure to find a good deal on it! I am a cheese lover so of course I way over added what was called for. I meant to take an actual picture of my final project but we were hungry by the time it was done and it was the season finale of batchlorette so I was a bit preoccupied! ;) So what do we think, everyone happy with the outcome of JP? I am but I did end up feeling sorry for Ben... ohh the saga, cant wait for bachelor pad to start, love my trashy tv Mondays!
Zucchini Pizza Casserole
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.


Ingredients
4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
1 medium green pepper, chopped

Directions
•Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10
minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
•Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan and half of the mozzarella
and cheddar cheeses. Press into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
•Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and
onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add
tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture.
•Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake 20 minutes
longer or until heated through.

Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.