Search Our Blog:

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The great diaper debate

So I've been meaning to do a post like this for a while, when you spend roughly 60.00 a month on diapers you really want to get the best bang for your buck, also with all the new babies and preggers I thought some might find it helpful while in those big, confusing diaper aisles!

Here is just MY opinion on the diaper thang!

You start out with Pampers Swaddlers from the hospital, they are soft as cotton, and ohh so tiny and cute! Pampers and Huggies both have "swaddler like" products as you move up in size, cruisers, movers etc... both still the softy kinds. These are the ones I like. The "dry/baby dry" products are more of a plastic feel to me, kinda like a grocery bag. We used these once and Luke hated them, the fact that I have a guy that will change diapers is great so I will spend more to get the kinds he likes! The "dry" diapers do not mean they are good for overnight, Pampers and Huggies both have their special overnight products! Luv's are good and a lot better priced but they are comparable to the "dry" diapers.

Walgreens and Parents Choice (walmart) are both comparable to Huggies movers, I like both of these! Price really does depend on what sales are going on and what coupons you have. At Target and Walgreens you can use one manufacturer coupon and one store coupon per product so if you have one of each and combine you can save a lot. Babies r us sometimes has in store promos and you can also use coupons with them!



All based on Will's current diaper size: 3 and most based on Walmarts online price


Parents Choice - Walmart store brand: 96 count 14.00 .15 each

Pampers -Cruisers: 140 count 35.00 .25 each

-Dry: 174 count 33.00 .19 each

Huggies -Lil Movers: 124 count 35.00 .28 each

-Dry: 156 count 32.00 .21 each

Luv's (comparable to Pampers Dry): 204 count 35.00 .17 each

Walgreens Store Brand: 36 count 10.00 .27 each
however last week on sale for 5.99 and I had a 2.00 coupon so for the pack I bought I got them for .11 each Here is the cutie bootie I get to kiss diaper, wipe, lotion everyday...am I a lucky girl or what!
While I have my favorites I am not partial to any one brand, if I find a really good deal I get it, but dividing it out to get the prices/each definitely helped me to know what actually IS a good deal, crazy that there is that much of a price difference between all of these!

2 comments:

  1. I never even had a choice with B's sensitive bootie it was Target brand or cloth. I never tried WalMart or Walgreens...But most pampers and huggies bothered her. I haven't tried since she was itty bitty...but I did try not rinsing wipes...que diaper rash! So I assume they will still bother her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We pretty much only use Pampers. Dinah is still in size 2 so we're still using swaddlers. Once she moves up, it may change. So far, they're the softest and they just fit her better. We've had WAY fewer leaks with Pampers than with anything else. I've been buying diapers from Amazon. You can get 15% off when you sign up for Amazon Mom, and another 15% if you sign up for subscribe & save, plus free shipping. I've been spending about $30/month.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.