Search Our Blog:

Friday, May 6, 2011

Before I was a momma...

Before I was a momma,

I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.

I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous and I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a momma,

I had never been puked on. pooped on. chewed on. peed on.

I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept.all.night.

Before I was a momma,

I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried...and cried.

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin or chuckle.

I never sat up late at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a momma,

I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.

I never knew something so small could affect my life so much.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.

Before I was a momma,

I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.

I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby especially milk I made myself.

I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.

I didn't know something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a momma,

I had never gotten up in the middle of the night multiple times to make sure all was okay.

And I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a mother.



As I think about this weekend and my first mothers day I look back and reflect on where I am. Now that I am a mommy I am so overwhelmed my the ultimate Grace of God, that I was chosen to be this perfect little guys mommy, and I now know my life's purpose is that I was put on this earth to love him and shield him from any fear or danger. I feel so lucky that he is mine and I am his and I want to spend my life living to be a mommy he is proud of.


A woman becomes a mother when she is pregnant and my what a year it has been. I have met and come closer than ever to some other amazing mommies and I hope you all have a fantastic mothers day I love you and cherish our friendship and your support.

Finding out we were having a SON!


HUGE Healthy Momma!
Loved my belly!


"Meet your son William Lucas!"


My world had changed forever at this moment.



Protective momma bear



Mr. Snuggles
First Christmas









Catching Zzzz's while we can



First airplane ride




Loves to STAND!



Loves tubbys


Being silly together



First Easter
First trip to the beach









Thanks again for joining me on this fabulous roller coaster called life, its perfect and at times crazy and I wouldn't give it for anything in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.