Search Our Blog:

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Poor Mom...










So we didn't quite make it out of town, Thursday night my mom fell on her wooden floor (that was recently polished because she was making her house perfect to host Christmas) She fell right on her side and broke her humorous bone (upper arm bone) broke by her elbow. This is the same bone I broke about five years ago only my break was up by my shoulder. I have a long rod that goes from my shoulder down to my elbow and hated life for about the next three months.

When I broke my arm the break and recovery was the worst pain I have ever experienced by far, I would gladly pop out a bunch more kids than ever go through that pain again!

We all decided not to go out of town and to wait till another time when we can all go together and I knew if we went we would just be worried about mom the whole time.

She had surgery today to put pins and such in, but the doctor did advise it will be a long recovery. Things take much longer to heal the older you are and I was 21 or 22 when I broke mine and it took about 5-6 weeks for me just to be doing some things normally again, not completely healed.

My mom is one of the most important people to me in the whole world. She is my best friend and has always been there for me, we have so much in common it is scary and I can truthfully say there are quite a few things I just wouldn't of made it through if she was not there for me. She is also one of the strongest people I know so I know she can make it through this, but I think it is also hard for me because I do know it will be a battle.

It is hard to explain the utter terror and pain you feel when someone you love this much is in pain. I feel completely helpless and horrified that this had to happen to her. Also about five years ago my mom lost a lot of her eye sight, she can still see some but cannot drive anymore which is the biggest battle for her. Recently she has gotten very healthy she saw some doctors and got on every vitamin in the book, saw a nutritionist, and has really made some incredible changes, Which I think is one reason I am so bummed out about this seems like mom takes 2 steps forward and gets thrown 10 steps back.

It has been a rough week, I didn't sleep much last night, I had my pity party, I keep asking why her, why now. But the truth of the matter is it happened and all we can do is move forward. Please pray for a speedy recovery for mom and to help the pain subside soon.

You never know how much something will tug at your heart strings till it happens but I know now more than ever, My family is my life, and if anything happens to any one of them I don't know what I would do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ash, that's terrible news about your mom. We'll be praying for all of you and a speedy recovery for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your Mom's recovery! I know all too well what it feels like to watch a parent suffer and not be able to do anything to fix it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.