Search Our Blog:

Monday, September 13, 2010

38 Weeks and TMI!

38 weeks: Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old.

For many women, the next couple of weeks are a waiting game. Use this time to prepare your baby's nursery or to take care of necessary tasks you may not get around to for a while after your baby's born. Take naps, catch up on your reading, and spend uninterrupted time with your partner while you can.

Ha, yeah right! naps, catch up on reading... who are these people? I am definitely hanging in there and doing OKAY, but I am so ready to meet this little guy, and being the "planner" that I am it is getting harder and harder not knowing when this will take place. I think it is funny when people warn you about how tired you will be and how hard it will be being up all night. I am sure it will be extremely difficult, however, I don't sleep much now and I work all day. At least I can nap and relax when he is here, and all the not sleeping will be for a reason, not me just staring, thinking, and waiting...

I went to the doctor yesterday and we seem to have a little progress, head has dropped down a bit and that has started dilation! She said one fingertip. My weight has stayed the same at the past couple visits but at this one I was up a pound, also on a different scale than normal so who knows.
At my next appt next Tuesday we will know my induction date based on her night on call, and if I want at this appointment she will also strip my membranes which is one somewhat natural way of helping move along labor.
Last night when I got home I think I had my "bloody show!" I was so excited about this, and I am pretty sure Luke thinks I am crazy, but this is just one of the many things that happens preceding labor!
Should be an exciting next two weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I hope it was!!! Yay!! Things could be moving along soon! :) Can't wait to get that phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing pretty good and I can't believe its that soon!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.