Search Our Blog:

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

36 Weeks

It's finally September!


36 weeks: Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position
You may have less heartburn and have an easier time breathing when your baby starts to "drop" down into your pelvis. This process — called lightening — often happens a few weeks before labor if this is your first baby. If your baby is very low, you may feel lots of vaginal pressure and discomfort as well. Some women say it feels as though they're carrying a bowling ball between their legs! Feeling absent-minded? Forgetfulness is normal during the last trimester. You may be overwhelmed or just plain distracted by the huge life changes you're about to experience, as well as exhausted if you're having trouble getting a good night's sleep.


I am doing good, I feel like an elephant, hippo, or something HUGE, but all in all I am doing good. I think it has helped that I started taking the prenatal vitamins at bedtime, and the weather while still warm it is not as unbearable lately, which is a nice change of pace...even got out a few mornings for a short walk!
Last night I showed Luke the list of the last minute things to pack for the hospital, and he informed me that when it is "time" he is going to freak out! I asked why, and he said he just is! I think this is a lot of hype from media etc about the "I'm in labor" phone call, because when you are in labor it is usually a long road before any rushing around needs to happen! Hopefully he does okay, I envision myself being very calm (I want to keep my body as calm and peaceful during the process as possible) So hopefully I can help keep him sane ;)
Going to the doctor this afternoon, then dinner with the most beautiful ladies in my life...Will post updates tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you fellow blogger! I am new to this blog site and looking to meet new "friends". Your little one will be here soon! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.