Search Our Blog:

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good little students!

Yesterday was a crazy filled day at work for me, with the 3 day weekend there was lots to catch up on! I rushed home after work to let Boomer out and get my stuff for our first child birthing class, then off to pick up Luke from work... when we have to be somewhere at a certain time this is just easier than him driving home. I brought some snacks for us to chow in the car since we did not have time for dinner, and I didn't know what to expect.
I decided to sign us up for the (ultimate) childbirth class, it is from 6:30-9:30 6 weeks long, covering: labor/childbirth, newborn care, and breastfeeding, and also includes the tour! I figured we have never done this before so why not! We like the instructor a lot, she really seems to know what she is talking about and explain everything really well.
The first class was mostly informative on what your body is going through, signs of labor, what to do, etc. Some was repetitive since I am reading online and books but she tells you what you really need to know! There was about a 10 minute break in which you could go get a snack... Looks like Tuesdays will be our totally unhealthy night, not much to choose from at 8:00 pm in the hospital cafe' We both ended up with pizza and I washed mine down with chocolate milk. We were the only people that brought food back to the class, (the rest also looked like they had time to go home and change after work) whatever, we will be the class "work dressed/fatties!"
Something else I also noticed, I am right about the same amount "along" as all the other ladies and there are a couple further along, one due in 6 weeks (Umm it is a 6 week course, guess at the last class she is going to get wheeled up to delivery!?! But she is 19, so I am glad/proud she is even taking the class, so no judgement!) Anyway, I am the biggest one in the class, I mean not weight /size wise, but BELLY wise you would think I am about to POP compared to these people... I know everyone is different and everyone gains/carries different but kinda crazy!
It was fun to be in class again, don't want to speak too soon but sometimes I contemplate going back to school for my masters. It was also fun to be in class with Luke, he made it fun and paid attention to everything... We were good little students and looking forward to learning lots more!

4 comments:

  1. so glad to hear that you guys are taking classes. we were so happy that we did! you'll learn a lot, especially in the breast feeding lessons:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were supposed to start our classes today, but due to a scheduling conflict, it won't start until next week. I'm kind of anxious to start! And, we'll be just like you: go straight from work and eat on the run. Glad it's starting out well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!! It doesn't look like we will be taking any classes since it totally conflicts with hubby's schedule and there is NO WAY we can commit a WHOLE Saturday to it haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick hated that the class was 3 hours long and 6 weeks long! That's the same one we did. I loved it though!

    Glad things are going well! Keep being good students, it pays off!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.