Search Our Blog:

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

28 Weeks

Basketball, honeydew, we are getting called all kinds of things these days...
looking at my love, the bump.

Belly button still hanging on!
Look at the crazy comparison! This was at 23 weeks just 5 weeks ago!

28 weeks: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Last night in class at the last 10 minutes they had the "mommies" sit on the floor in front of the "daddies" in a chair the lights were dimmed, music was put on, and we got a back/shoulder rub. As daddy was rubbing me the teacher was talking in a calm soft voice as she had us go through and imagine holding our babies, she went through each body part in depth and had us imagine it. What I saw was William with some blonde hair (since they said he had hair in the u/s) brown eyes, the sweetest little baby face, (with big chubby cheeks just like mom) and I kept imagining his soft skin and kissing his sweet little feet.
Daddy did a great job massaging, it is hard for me to "let go" but for a second I was gone, I was finally a mommy looking at my babies face, it brought a tear to my eye... I cant wait to meet you little Will!

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you weren't picturing Bennett? Blonde hair, brown eyes, chubby cheeks, ha ha!
    I can't wait for you to hold your own baby!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.