Search Our Blog:

Friday, June 11, 2010

Basement nesting

As I mentioned in a previous post we did some basement clean out, and clean up last weekend. Luke continues to impress me, he is a baseball player and a mortgage consultant, yet if he doesn't know how to do something he learns, this is such a great quality!
Without further ado....before and afters:Everything stacked up, somewhat organized to us, but didn't leave much room for walking around, yes those are some financial statements in that shoebox, I know my sister is probably having a heart attack right now!
No I don't exactly know why we are keeping 20 something cans of paint... but yes that is our travel system/stroller back there, yay!
There is a "room" behind that wall that the previous owners used for their "plants" we will give them the benefit of the doubt and think that it was for the lovely Palm trees they left us, but use your imagination. This "room" will became our storage room.
Finished, (for the most part) my work out area for now, Luke's brother is in our finished room down here which used to be my workout area, but lets not kid ourselves the workouts are not happening that much so this will suffice perfectly.
Look you can see the floor!

A few boxes here and there but for the most part clean and organized!


And last but not least, taa daa, my beautiful wonderful shelves!!! Look this was ALL on the floor! Doesn't it look so much more organized! Also will give us a great place for all those baby extras, and things we get that we may not use just yet :)

I am sure there will be a couple more nesting projects to come, at least I hope, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You kicked some butt last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Kristen and I always talk about how jealous we are of everyone and their basements...all that storage and extra space would be just beyond wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! I love the part about the "plant" room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we just built shelves in our basement too, we love them as well!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.