Search Our Blog:

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

27 weeks, 3rd Trimester!!!

27 weeks: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Baby Wilson had his first case of the hiccups last week and once again last night. I feel him move a lot now and not just at certain times but all the time, last night he must of been being lazy because usually when we eat dinner and sit on the couch is his most active time and I couldn't feel a thing. I started to worry because they say that his movement shouldn't change much but Luke assured me he was fine. When we went up to bed and the hiccups started it was so nice to feel him moving again.

3rd Trimester! Some sites say this is at 27 weeks, some say 28, some say 27 1/2... but the book I am reading "your pregnancy week by week" says 27 weeks so I am going by that. I cant believe I am already in the 3rd trimester! It seems like yesterday I was getting ready to tell Luke he would be a daddy. It is exciting and scary at the same time, they say the 2nd trimester is the best, the honeymoon trimester and I think I know what they mean. There is a whole new list of symptoms that comes along as you get bigger and more uncomfortable, but just as that happens so does your list of growing things to do... Get the nursery ready, get a sitter lined up, find a pediatrician, get all your last cleaning and things to do done before the baby. But also the super fun things are coming up, our showers (all invites officially out!) taking maternity pictures, starting childbirth classes, and more often doctor appointements to hear my little one!

1 comment:

  1. WOW third trimester! Hope everythings still good!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.