Search Our Blog:

Monday, May 10, 2010

A bittersweet mothers day

All in all I think we had a very good weekend. I am already an overly organized and clean person so the extra nesting energy has me itching to clean out our house and have a fresh start with Baby Wilson. This could be one reason for the garage sale we decided to have Saturday morning. Friday night Luke and I made dinner together, got some things together for the big sale, and we also caught up on some dvr watching which is another one of my favorite hobbies lately. The sale was off to a slow start, which was ok because I spent time sweeping up the garage while Luke trimmed some bushes. It was a chilly morning so we didn't have a huge turnout, but we made about 50-60 dollars and it forced us to clean out closets and anything that didn't sell is going to charity so win, win! Luke even held down the fort so that I could go to my prenatal yoga class.
The rest of Saturday was spent getting things done at the house, stopped by to see Luke's niece but she was napping, and going to a graduation party for a friend.
Sunday I was having my family, my grandma, grandpa, mom, sister, brother in law, nephew, and Luke's mom over for mothers day... the plan was to grill some yummy food and hang out and enjoy the day together. This was my last mothers day without children of my own, so why not do all the work and let the other mothers enjoy themselves!
When we woke up I told Luke I didn't want a good breakfast all I wanted was to go on a walk (or "W" in our house) with him and Boomer, so we did. It was great and very relaxing and we got a chance to talk, the walk I go on with boomer is probably about 2.5 miles long. Then we came home and began to clean, the family came over soon after and my grandma and mom brought me some gorgeous flowers... (something they don't understand about it being their mothers day!) I was also so thankful that Luke's mom could join us, she is not only the best mother in law I could hope for she is a great friend of mine and I look up to her very much. We had a few family members that had on their crabby pants for the day... yes on mothers day. But I tried not to let that get me down and tried to enjoy my family's company, health, humor, and being... with all we have been through already this year it means a lot to me to have them around.
I hope all the mothers had a great day and got to spend it with some people they love!

I was busy playing hostess and didn't snap any pictures this weekend, but I did get one of our bird family! :) This picture is taken from right off of our deck, we have a ma ma Robin that comes every year to live here, Luke said a few days ago he say the baby beaks starting to poke out and Sunday morning we say these two sweet furry birdies emerge from the nest! It was so precious it was like they were looking for their mommy to wish her a happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys had a nice weekend and made a little extra moolah in the process! It will come in handy when you find out that you are having a girl tomorrow b/c you will want to rush out and buy all kinds of cute stuff! lol

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.