Search Our Blog:

Friday, April 16, 2010

3rd prenatal appt

Yesterday was my 16 week Prenatal appointment. I was really looking forward to hearing the baby's heartbeat again and learning some things from my last appointment.

Writing this post also reminds me of how glad I am to keep the blog, this is a great way to look back in the future and in other pregnancies to see how my body reacted.

Weight: Yesterday at 16 weeks and 2 days I was .2 ounces LESS that what I weighed at my 12 week appointment 4 weeks prior! (Noticing how I am dancing around not saying what this # is ;) I was a little nervous at first but the doctor said it is nothing to worry about, could have to do with the fact that I've been sick but she just kept telling me to enjoy it now because soon I will GAIN. So for those keeping track (me!) total weight gain in 16 weeks is about 1/2-1 pound.
Funny to me that I have this cute little poochy hanging out yet it doesn't weigh anything!
News: I have been starting to feel little flutters, they are so cute and unexpected it is like a nice little reminder of baby Wilson telling me everything is A-Ok and to stop worrying. I have been having trouble sleeping with still not feeling 100% and some changes at home so I started feeling them when I would lay in bed still and quiet in the middle of the night, however yesterday morning baby was having quite the little party, getting ready for it's appearance at the doctor I suppose, I emailed Luke right away and told him that the baby said "hi!" What a fun exciting new thing to look forward to!
So off with my active belly I went to the doctor and when she went to listen to the heartbeat she found the same exact thing, baby was swimming and moving all over the place, wouldn't stay still long enough to give us a good listen, but we got a little listen and at 156 bpm we are both doing wonderful!
Luke and I both have pretty BIG personalities and rarly do you see us sit down and relax, so what do you think are we going to have a "wild child" as well??

I cant believe that next time I go to the doctor it will be with Luke and some family to see if B Dub is a boy or a girl, Ekkk.... 3 weeks from Tuesday!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are moving right along! That's great you haven't gained much at all as of now! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flutters are coming on stronger & it is so neat! I cannot wait for kicks :O) 19 days till we find out the sex!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.