Search Our Blog:

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

13 weeks... Helllllo 2nd trimester

Now that your fetus has completed the task of forming all the critical body structures, the organs go to work. The liver secretes bile, the pancreas produces insulin, and the kidneys form urine to carry waste away. The urine is excreted into the amniotic fluid. Your little one's intestines, which have partially resided in the umbilical cord, have moved back into the abdomen now that there's enough room to accommodate them. With muscle layers forming in the gut, it'll soon be time to get things moving through the digestive system, too.
It is exciting that my body is done developing things and is now ready to let baby Wilson grow, grow, grow! I am also super pumped about being in the 2nd trimester, this is supposed to be the next 12 weeks where I will feel the BEST! I feel like there are so many things I have put off and waited on since the first trimester so I am ready to, shop, clean, and get caught up!
Luke and I have started to really wonder if this little bump is a boy or a girl, which has also brought upon the daunting task of names! We have some lists started and have favorites, but I think it will be much easier once we find out if we are naming a little she or a little he. We are not sure yet but we are leaning towards keeping our names a secret, for many reasons. The thing that will be hardest for me is that I LOVE personalized and monogrammed things! Hummmm...

2 comments:

  1. I love all things monogrammed and personalized too. That's why I had to know the sex so we could pick out names etc.
    Ironically you have the same Damask background that I used to have before I changed my blog format to a more photo friendly theme. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching the 2nd tri! I hit it this week and it felt like a huge milestone!! Good luck thinking of names!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.