Search Our Blog:

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

12 Week Updates

12 Weeks pregnant! This is the last week of my first trimester, and though things are tough at times I thought it was going to be much worse, I have even caught myself thinking what are all these women complaining about! But so far I think I have been pretty lucky, I also don't think I give myself much time to feel nauseous, tired, hormonal etc... Just keep going!

Baby's now the size of a plum! As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of her systems are fully formed.


Today I had my 2nd prenatal doctor appt, this one was just supposed to be a short office visit to make sure everything is on track and that we are doing well. Luke did not take off work for this one, but since my sister is on spring break her and Bennett decided to tag along!

We got to hear the heartbeat going, 160bpm...and she had a minute so she did a quick little ultrasound for me! We were so happy to get to see little baby Wilson, especially since my sister had came! Baby was doing great, much bigger than the last appointment and was moving all around! I will post some pictures when I can get them up, and I was so glad Crystal came because I had forgot my camera at work and I wanted to record the heartbeat for Luke! Crystal got it on her camera she will upload tonight! Also Bennett got to meet his cousin for the first time on the screen today :)

Stats: I have gained 1 pound in the past 4 weeks, feels like SO Much more! And blood pressure is going up which we are going to keep an eye on for now. Also, I may have a urinary tract infection but will get the results soon, this is very common in pregnancy so I am not worried. Blood work from last appointment all looks great.

12 Week Pictures: Luke and I had some fun with this last night, we were still trying to find a good wall to take the pictures on.

My view up from the floor: Little round bump


For some reason the bump gets bigger when a hand or something is placed on it, I think it makes my stomach muscles relax instead of engaged.

This is where I think we will take the rest of the pictures, at first I wanted a blank wall but I think I can live with the little picture in here.

This is in our room and for some reason I didn't like the dark brown background.

2 comments:

  1. Your bump is so cute!! Glad you got a quick u/s!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that everything is going well! Love the baby bump:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.