Search Our Blog:

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

9 Week Updates

Today I am (supposedly) 9 weeks and 1 day pregnant. At nine weeks they say your baby is the size of a grape, though if you look at my belly lately, it sure looks like something a lot bigger than a little grape is hanging out in there! The "tail" is supposed to be completely gone this week which is fun that baby is starting to look more like baby!
So far I am still feeling really good, super tired all the time, but trying to power through that. Get up in the morning, work all day, go home, try to get some sort of a work out in, pick up the house, make dinner, spend a little time with Luke before I head up to bed way earlier than him, maybe read for 10 minutes before falling asleep so I have energy for tomorrow!

Saturday morning I woke up at 5 am with the sudden urge I needed to throw up! Luke was sleeping on the couch because I hadn't slept well the past 3 nights he was giving me the whole bed (and no snoring!) He ran up and helped me as best he could and we both thought, here it goes, full fledged morning sickness has arrived. I laid back down and this continued about every 15 minutes, it was awful!
We finally called the on call doctor around 11 or 12, we started getting worried since I had NOTHING and NO fluids in my system. She gave me some home remedies but told me to come to the hospital if it persisted or if cramping started because that would mean the baby was getting too dehydrated.
Finally around 3:00 I fell asleep and kept a few tablespoons of Pedilyte down.

Looks like it was nothing but the nasty ol stomach flu, sucks, and gross yes, however THANK GOODNESS it was not morning sickness I would experience everyday!

I am sure I lost some weight with this, and at the doctor last week I was actual down a pound and a half from my previous appt about 6 months ago, But this belly bulge has me convinced, there is definitely something cookin in there!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you were so sick but am glad it wasn't morning sickness! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.