Search Our Blog:

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our weekend

Luke and I have been so busy, both working a lot, helping to finish up the last weddings of the season, and many other events. So Friday we decided to have a much needed date night OUT. We try to have date night once a week but by the time we both get home from work we rarely want to go out again so we eat at home and visit which is fine. But Friday was great, I made us reservations at one of our favorite places Melting Pot, it is a fondue restaurant with four courses, the food and service are both great, and it is a long dinner with time to talk to each other without phones ringing, the TV on, and dog barking!
Saturday we both cleaned the house for a while in the morning then we went to one of the four St Peters pools, with our resident cards it is only $3 to get in and we were the only ones there for the first two hours, it was so nice! I finally got a new swimsuit so I don't have tan lines in my dresses for the weddings! Then we went out with some friends for a birthday Saturday night. The weather has been so completely amazing in Saint Louis it just makes everything so enjoyable, the highs have been 70 75 and 80 and it has gotten down to 65 a couple nights!
Of course we couldn't go the weekend without a couple of parties so Sunday I went to my moms friend Michelle's for a pool party, with the great weather it was more of a sit by the pool party! My mom has 5 great friends, the call themselves the Ya's, (after that movie I guess) they have always been there for all of us kids and each other it is a very neat group of woman. It was nice to visit with all the moms and the daughters for the afternoon, and I even got to sneak in a little nephew time! After that it was off to meet Luke at his brothers. His brother and sister in laws birthday fall two days apart so we got together for that. Their daughter is turning four in September and is as cute as can be! I secretly love that she hides from Uncle Luke but runs into my arms the second I get there! It was the great end to a great weekend!

Hope everyone else had a good one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.