Search Our Blog:

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dinner Party

So last night Luke and I hosted a little dinner party, we don't get to see our friends Johnny and Abbie very often so it was also a good excuse to get to see them! I was a little overwhelmed by the thought of cooking for EIGHT people, Hello I am used to cooking for two and that's even a challenge sometimes! So I decided to make one of my specialties, spaghetti and meat sauce, I thought it turned out great and it was also easy to make, I even made some parts ahead so I wasn't cooking everything when people were there.
So apparently I need to buy a BIG BIG pot, I noticed this when I made a big batch of cabbage and potatoes, but cooking the spaghetti noodles in my big pot caused some towards the bottom to not get stirred in well and were a little hard so when draining the noodles I took those out and threw them in the sink, no one wants 1/2 cooked noodles... there is a reason for this story....
Since Luke and I only have a four seater table in the kitchen right now, we set up the folding table in the dining room, we decided to do girls in there and boys in the kitchen, I was very glad everyone was okay with this because it was nice to just visit with the girls ;) We had plenty of wine, food, and conversation.
Boomer gets anxious when there are dirty dishes sitting out on the counter so I decided to throw them in the dishwasher quick... When I was on my last ones I noticed that when I was turning the garbage disposal on the water was not going down and it was coming up the other side too, and it was not clean water it was the food I was washing down mixed with dirty water = gross!
Come to find out, I completely clogged the drain when I threw the uncooked noodles in there, Our friend Adam had to unscrew our sink from the bottom and drain it all out from the bottom, This in turn smelled like vomit, so while Luke was gathering towels and buckets, adam was down draining, I was spraying Oust everywhere!

Ha ha, It definitely turned out to be a fun and memorable dinner party! Cant wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.